Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blacks and Media...

I was in class today and i was thinking about how the world views African Americans. Alot of the media makes us look like monsters, not showing the black entrepreneurs in the world. It's like theres not even any and we are just a much of dirty low-lifes that will never get anywhere. It's sad because they try to blame the victim when they see us on tv getting arrested. After seeing us on tv your whole life either getting arrested or killing someone, you might not hate us, but you don't feel safe when we are around. the media pushed you in a corner to fear us. Then when you get older u try to say we need to change and you don't want your kids around us without even getting to know us. So now that caused a problem because now you fear us as a whole and that makes us not get along. Sometimes fear turns into a hate, so now you fear us so much to the point it truns to hate. Whats crazy is that now they try to hide the problem instead of working on it.I had a problem like this when I was in elementary school. I'm no t gonna name anyone but This kid called me a "nigger". At that time I was upset so I slapped him in the face a couple times. when I went to the main office they made me set in there all day but his mother came and took him home. I'm not bitter about it, this is just a prime example of how Americas treat us. All he had to do was get an understanding, but his parnets and media pumped him with fear so much that he never even give me a chance. I think it's time for a change. the media needs to stop blasting us and blast the corporate killers who put those things on the media. We just want a chance in life just like everyone else. So the next time you see a American American, don't be so quick to move away from us. Get to know em, you never know you might see the other side of African Americans that they media fails to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment